When business owners come to see us, wanting to sell their business, we often get involved in providing what we term ‘vendor due diligence’.
When conducting vendor due diligence for clients, our role is basically to ‘pretend’ we are the buyer.
- financial performance
- business performance
- staff and organisational aspects
- contracts, systems and suppliers
- how the business creates and drives value in terms of its point of difference in the market
- forward order book i.e. the pipeline, to understand the true nature of the business as a going concern
- how exposed the business might be to individuals or particular customers or suppliers.