A high-performing team is business 'nirvana'. A high-performing team:
- is one where both the individuals and the team as a whole are performing to their optimum potential;
- is aligned and attuned to your vision for where you want to take the business;
- drives the key tasks and aspects of the business to achieve both its short- and long-term objectives.
In our eBook, Managing staff for high performance, we discussed 6 key elements that you as a business manager, owner or leader need to think about as you go about your day-to-day activities, in order to positively manage staff and help develop them into a high-performing team.
We've distilled that information into the following cheat sheet.
These 6 elements of staff management are complemented by:
- a robust recruitment process
- structured staff performance reviews
- a well-planned system of feedback, reward and recognition.
Take a look at the free eBook for a detailed explanation of how these elements fit together to help you develop your staff into a high-performing team.
If you would like advice about any element of staff management, contact the team at JPAbusiness on 02 6360 0360 for a confidential, initial discussion.
James Price has over 30 years' experience in providing strategic, commercial and financial advice to Australian and international business clients. James' blogs provide business advice for aspiring and current small to mid-sized business owners, operators and managers.