Buying a franchise may, on the surface, seem like any other business purchase.
However, a franchise is a special type of business in which the brand and business operational model has been systematised.
A franchise may have additional, more complex requirements for a buyer to consider and meet, but they also tend to come with more ongoing support than regular businesses.
We have created the JPAbusiness Buying a Franchise Planning Sheet to help business buyers assess potential franchise opportunities.
The planning sheet is split into three sections:
- 5 questions to ask when selecting a franchise
- 5 questions to ask once you have selected a franchise
- 6 questions to ask when considering buying a franchise.
JPAbusiness offers a range of services to assist franchise buyers, including:
- Business finder service
- Franchisor assessment
- Due diligence
- Purchase negotiations
- Shop fit-out and premises leasing options.
We also have other free resources that may help with your initial assessment of franchise opportunities:
- eBook – Buying a Small to Mid-sized Business
- eBook – Pros and Cons of Owning Your Own Business
- YouTube – Should I buy a franchise?
If you are thinking about buying a franchise, please feel free to contact the JPAbusiness team on 02 6360 0360 or 02 9893 1803 for a confidential, obligation-free discussion.
James Price has over 30 years' experience in providing strategic, commercial and financial advice to Australian and international business clients. James' blogs provide business advice for aspiring and current small to mid-sized business owners, operators and managers.