Seeking to exit a business just a few weeks or months after making the decision to do so, is not the best way to optimise value in a business sale.
As I explain in this video, it’s much wiser to incorporate exit and succession plans into your ongoing business planning and prepare for a sale over a period of several years.
We have created a number of free resources to help readers with succession planning and preparing a business for sale:
- eBook – Succession planning: How to future proof your business
- eBook – Strategic value in a business sale
- eBook – Selling a business: What works, what doesn't and how to avoid the common pitfalls
- template – Business Succession Scorecard
- template – Strategic Value Checklist
If you would like assistance to develop an exit or succession plan for your business, contact the team at JPAbusiness on 02 6360 0360 (Orange) or 02 9893 1803 (Parramatta) for a confidential, obligation-free discussion.
James Price has over 30 years' experience in providing strategic, commercial and financial advice to Australian and international business clients. James' blogs provide business advice for aspiring and current small to mid-sized business owners, operators and managers.