Business planning is about making your business as robust as possible, so it can take advantage of opportunities and also successfully withstand inevitable shocks.
Annual business plans don’t have to be weighty documents, but they do need to contain some key information, with the most important being:
- frank and honest appraisal of resources
- analysis of your competitive environment
- SWOT analysis
The JPAbusiness Annual Business Plan Template is designed to help you gather and organise this information into a document that can be easily and regularly referenced and shared with your team.
Whether your Annual Business Plan is 1, 10 or 20 pages long, the keys to its usefulness are:
- the relevancy of its content
- that it can be communicated with
- key team members who you are relying on to be accountable for elements of your business performance
- important financiers or investors in your business.
Use our free template to ensure your plan is relevant, professional and of value to your business as a key management tool.
The JPAbusiness Annual Business Plan Template consists of four parts:
Part A: Business and Resources Self-Audit
- Use the JPAbusiness Business Health Check Template
- Use the JPAbusiness Business Value and Return Calculator
- SWOT analysis
- Customer portfolio
- Top 5 issues and challenges
Part B: Competitive Market Analysis
- Outline of competitors
- Top 5 trends on competitive factors
- Your point of difference versus main competitors
Part C: Outlook
- Outcomes, Strategy, Actions and Targets for the next 12 months
Part D: Budget to deliver the Annual Business Plan
If you need support with strategic, annual or succession planning for your business, contact the team at JPAbusiness on 02 6360 0360 (Orange) or 02 9893 1803 (Parramatta) for a confidential, no-obligation discussion.
James Price has over 30 years' experience in providing strategic, commercial and financial advice to Australian and international business clients. James' blogs provide business advice for aspiring and current small to mid-sized business owners, operators and managers.