There are plenty of good businesses out there, but the key to a successful business purchase is finding a business that will be ‘good’ for you.
Our Buying a Business Planning Sheet is designed to help you find a business that is the right fit for your requirements and risk profile.
When assessing different businesses, the planning sheet prompts you to consider 15 questions, including:
- Why will you succeed in this business?
- How does the asking price compare to a market appraisal of recent sales and market trends?
- Do you fully understand the requirements of the lease relating to your potential business purchase?
If you are considering buying a business, download the free template and work through the questions as a way of bringing some rigour and structure to your preliminary planning.
Too important to get wrong
A successful business purchase is about planning and ensuring you have plenty of information to base decisions on, rather than rushing in and letting emotions take over.
If you are considering buying a business, we have a number of other free resources designed to help with the process:
- eBook – Buying a small to mid-sized business
- eBook – How to conduct due diligence on a business purchase
- Template – Buying a Franchise Planning Sheet
- Template – Due diligence checklist
- Template – Business Buyer’s Checklist
You can also contact the team at JPAbusiness on 02 6360 0360 for a confidential, initial discussion about your business buying requirements.
James Price has over 30 years' experience in providing strategic, commercial and financial advice to Australian and international business clients. James' blogs provide business advice for aspiring and current small to mid-sized business owners, operators and managers.